Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are in one of the most ambitious and exciting periods in Digit’s history. Digit has a product people love and is driving its business and growth based on the revenue it generates. We are building the next generation Digit experience on top of this, with a new product currently in beta. We are looking for an experienced engineer to take ownership and drive the evolution of our infrastructure layer. You will drive configuration management and governance of all our compute and networking resources, help manage our automation and usage of our cloud providers, manage our network configuration, manage integrations with third party services, and work closely with our security team on maintaining a secure, compliant platform. We have a strong culture of engineering excellence and are looking for someone to contribute to this and drive it forward.
While the Digit’s world wide HQ is in San Francisco, CA, this role is open to anywhere in the US. The role reports to our VP of Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive configuration management and automation of all our cloud infrastructure
- Help manage relationships with all our cloud providers
- Manage network configuration
- Drive the vision and roadmap for infrastructure at Digit
- Measure performance of core systems and continually drive improvements
- Contribute to our configuration management of compute resources, observability and alerting systems, databases, and general SRE practices
- Work with other engineers and leaders to build new infrastructure and devops systems to support Digit’s continued growth
- Help drive the engineering practices around operational excellence in observability, quality, reliability, and developer efficiency
- Collaborate with the security team to maintain and improve security across the developer tools and general software stack
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of meaningful individual contributor experience in a modern tech stack
- Significant experience as a tech lead, leading projects through completion
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, or other cloud providers
- Experience with networking and network configuration
- Experience with container lifecycle, orchestration, and monitoring tools and processes (Kubernetes, ECS)
- Passionate about promoting DevOps culture and engineering excellence
- Strong communication: written and verbal
- Continually looking to improve and expand your skill set
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save over $5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility Reimbursement
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Collaborative workspace
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.