Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer who is passionate about building products for our members to achieve effortless financial health. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Product engineers to strategize, iterate on, and launch ml-driven products.
While the Digit’s world wide HQ is in San Francisco, CA, this role is open to anywhere in the US. The role reports to our AI team engineering manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with our engineering, product and design teams along each step of the product development process from ideation, to implementation, to testing, production release and monitoring.
- Own the implementation of end-user experiences that better the financial health of millions.
- Work on systems that extract friendly insights from our users’ financial data, detect fraudulent activity, forecast users’ financial state, allocate users’ money to maximize financial health and predict user engagement.
- Work with data scientists and other ML engineers to create the infrastructure to deploy models, generate datasets and train models.
- Perform data analysis and present insights to inform product direction.
Who You Are:
- You have shipped code to production and you have worked on end-to-end ML pipelines.
- You have in-depth knowledge of machine learning and are comfortable training, evaluating, deploying and monitoring models.
- You are comfortable exploring data, sharing insights and using data to make decisions.
- You are excited to help build machine learning infrastructure and products at a world class company.
- You have sharp product intuition and abundant empathy for the end user.
- You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions. You are a great collaborator and teacher.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You teach yourself new skills. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- You’re comfortable in a Python data science stack (ex. pandas, pyspark, jupyter) and with common modeling frameworks (ex. scikit learn, xgboost, pytorch, tensorflow, spacy).
- You’re comfortable with AWS tooling and a kubernetes deployment stack.
- You’re comfortable contributing within a web app environment (ex. node, go, mongo, postgres)
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility Reimbursement
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Collaborative workspace
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save over $5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.