Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who gets excited about working on hard growth problems with highly visible outcomes. In this role, you’ll move the needle in a variety of ways by identifying/building/running experiments across Digit’s products and contributing to the foundation of our growth infrastructure. You'll be an early member of a stellar team composed of other smart and driven engineers. This role is based in San Francisco (remote available) and will be part of Digit's Growth Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- You will lead efforts to rapidly identify, build, and push experiments into production that have an impact on Digit’s growth
- You’ll work under the hood of the growth engine, building a robust backend systems entrusted with millions of dollars of user acquisition capital
- You'll work with machine learning and data science experts to build cutting-edge predictive systems that drive crucial KPIs
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years as a dedicated full stack software engineer
- You care deeply about having a material impact on business growth
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs and efficient algorithms
- You are obsessed with data and know how to use it to make critical decisions
- You work well in teams and are an excellent communicator, capable of getting your point across to engineers, product managers, and marketers alike
- Mobile development experience with React Native, Swift, or Kotlin
- A solid grasp of SQL and the ability to perform exploratory data analysis given a rich data warehouse
- Familiarity with statistics used in A/B experimentation
- Prior experience on a growth team
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SF’s financial district
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save $3.5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.