Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you're passionate about making an impact and helping real people every day we're excited to meet you!
Note: for engineering roles: If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are in one of the most ambitious and exciting periods in Digit’s history. Digit has a product people love and is driving its business and growth based on the revenue it generates. We are building the next generation Digit experience on top of this, with a new product currently in beta. We are looking for an experienced leader to take full ownership of our cloud footprint, automation, performance, core platform services, and general SRE practices. Your role will primarily be people focused though there are plenty of opportunities to contribute as an IC as appropriate. There is a ton of stuff to build — from core banking integrations, migrating existing services to k8s under Istio governance, to defining and implementing consistent telemetry and alerting across the stack, optimizing performance, and building world class tools for our developers.
While the Digit’s world wide HQ is in San Francisco, CA, this role is open to anywhere in the US. The role reports to our VP of Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
- Build trust with your direct reports by managing with empathy and setting clear expectations
- Work with Product, Design, and other engineering leads to craft a cohesive vision and strategy for your team
- Drive the vision and roadmap for infrastructure and its management at Digit
- Drive the vision and roadmap for core platform services upon which Digit product features are built
- Own provisioning and configuration of compute resources, observability and alerting systems, databases, and general SRE practices
- Work with other engineering leaders to build new infrastructure and devops systems to support Digit’s continued growth
- Drive improvements to developer tools and experience
- Help evolve Digit’s engineering practices around operational excellence in observability, quality, reliability, and developer efficiency
- Collaborate with the security team to maintain and improve security across the infrastructure stack
- Engage in teaching, team building, and coaching to grow your team’s capacity through promotion and hiring
- Empower and delegate effectively to grow individuals on your team into new leaders
- Drive strong communication and strategic alignment up, down and sideways within the organization
- Be a champion for Diversity and Inclusion by sourcing, hiring, and advocating for a diverse group of engineers
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience managing engineers in a high impact, high velocity organization
- 5+ years of meaningful individual contributor experience in a modern tech stack
- Significant experience as a tech lead, leading projects through completion
- Experience acting as a hiring manager and partnering with recruiting to meet hiring goals
- Strong communication: written and verbal
- Continually looking to improve and expand your skill set
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save $3.5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 100% paid life & disability insurance
- Fertility Reimbursement
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Collaborative workspace
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.