Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are looking for experienced engineering leaders with a passion for developing people, driving product development and engineering excellence, and scaling teams. Your role will primarily be people focused, while helping drive the development of Digit’s core products. You’ll be based in San Francisco, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit and coach strong product engineers, helping them advance in their careers
- Build trust with your direct reports by managing with empathy and setting clear expectations
- Collaborate with partners in Product, Design, and other engineering leads to build the roadmap, strategy, and priorities for your team
- Drive strong engineering practices around product development execution, operational excellence in observability, quality, reliability, and developer efficiency
- Align with tech leads and Product Managers to commit and execute on an ambitious product roadmaps
- Empower and delegate effectively to grow individuals on your team into new leaders
- Drive strong communication and strategic alignment up, down and sideways within the organization
- Be a champion for Diversity and Inclusion by sourcing, hiring, and advocating for a diverse group of engineers
Who You Are:
- Experience managing an engineering team in a high impact, high growth environment
- Track record of recruiting, building, and growing high performing engineering teams, encouraging a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- 5+ years of individual contributor engineering experience in a modern tech stack with meaningful experience as a tech lead, leading projects through completion
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are very organized and work very well cross-functionally - in a fast moving company, strong organizational skills for both yourself and your team is needed to be successful
- You have growth mindset and continually look to improve and expand your skill set
- You have an eye for great products, and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save $3.5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.