Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are looking for highly motivated, passionate security engineers to continually improve our security stance and keep our users safe. This role is based in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do:
- You will help Digit scale by hardening its security both internally and externally
- You will advise our technical teams on secure development practices and own end-to-end development of tooling to better enable those practices
- You will help Digit adhere to various compliance standards as it evolves its product and infrastructure
- You will identify security gaps in our application and infrastructure and develop tools and features to monitor and improve our security stance
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with one or more modern programming language such as Python, Golang, Nodejs, or C like language.
- Experience with Applied Cryptography and Threat Modeling
- A deep understanding of application security concerns
- A track record of proactively identifying and mitigating security concerns
- Ability to build features as a software engineer in our codebase
- Extensive experience with *nix operating systems
- Working in public clouds like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity with compliance requirements for PCI, SOC 2, etc
- Incident Response
- Blue Team
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save $3.5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.