Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer who is passionate about building highly available, highly scalable systems and services to power a wide variety of applications at Digit ranging from secure money transfer protocols to large-scale data serving and collection services. As a backend engineer, your job will be to design and implement the hidden world of services used to provide life-changing experiences to millions of people. You'll be part of a stellar team composed of smart, diverse, and efficient software engineers. If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's live, we are excited to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Develop highly available, secure, APIs to power exciting product features
- Work with machine learning and data science experts to productize cutting-edge predictive systems
- Solve difficult scaling problems in order to make millions of transactions in the US banking system on a daily basis
- Create data services that power business analytics, data science and application features
- Build distributed systems to handle large-scale internal workloads
- Expand a world-class platform of financial services for the 21st century
Who You Are
- 5+ years as a dedicated backend engineer with experience at scale
- You have broad experience building backend services on cloud infrastructure
- You get unusually excited about distributed systems and scalable design
- You have a good understanding of operating systems and computer networking
- You are proficient in a handful of different programming languages and truly experienced in at least one concurrent programming framework
- You're excited about building the tools and services that compose the backbone of our company
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SF’s financial district
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save $3.5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.