Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
Data is at the heart of Digit. From our decision-making AI to help members save and allocate money, to the way we make data informed product decisions: Digit lives on data. As the Head of Data, you will be responsible for building and scaling our Data organization comprised of Product Analytics and Data Science. You will partner closely with owners of critical initiatives throughout the entire company - in product, engineering, analytics, data science, marketing, support, and finance. You will be expected to contribute some IC work in addition to building out the team. This is a high-visibility, exciting role. Come join us on our journey to make financial health effortless for everyone!
What You’ll Do
- Manage and scale the Data function at Digit.
- Be the voice of Data, defining the roadmap, influencing product and engineering roadmaps, and driving understanding of our members.
- Help Digit operate effectively by designing and building data analytics tools and solutions to tell clear stories.
- Analyze customer data sets and signals for delivering practical data science-driven insights.
- Push the boundaries of AI and analytics as applied to business outcomes.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in an analytics or product data science role in a technology company, investment banking, or consulting.
- 3+ years of experience with people management.
- Understanding of statistical modeling including predictive analytics and hypothesis testing.
- Proficiency with languages and tools such as SQL, python, R.
- Ability to hire, coach, and grow exceptional product analysts and data scientists.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, and respect.
- Advanced degree in quantitative STEM field preferred.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.