Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are looking for a driven, inquisitive, and creative problem solver to join as Product Designer, working on Digit’s mobile and web apps. You will be redesigning the way humans interact with their personal finances to help improve our users' financial lives. This role reports to the Head of Design and is based in San Francisco, CA.
If you're passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's lives in partnership with a small, smart, fun, mission-driven team, we're excited to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into exceptional user experiences
- Partner with PMs and engineers to lead the user experience of a product from conception to launch and beyond
- Push the boundaries of what we deliver in terms of design quality. We care deeply about both product strategy and execution, and you will be involved in raising the standard for both
Who You Are
- Exceptional skills in the craft and execution of product design work, from high level strategic direction to UI design details to prototyping.
- Highly-attuned product sensibility and strong user empathy
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, and respect that builds trust
- Ability to absorb user and stakeholder feedback and translate that feedback into even stronger design
- Experience with participating in and/or leading user research
- Experience working in a team environment with PMs and engineers
- A collaborative team player with a constant hunger to learn and continuously improve as a designer
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 18 weeks parental leave
- Fertility benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SF’s financial district
Who We Are
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save $3.5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.