Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
We are looking for an energetic and engaged Head of Information Technology to lead and build a small team to manage and maintain all of the IT systems, equipment, and services utilized internally by Digit’s employees. This will include direct employee support (desktop) in addition to managing corporate services like Slack, G Suite, Okta, and others. Trust and security are paramount to the work we do, since we work closely with financial data for our customers, so a strong background and respect for information security is a must-have for this role. Through your work, you'll make meaningful contributions to enable Digit to fulfill its mission.
You see technology as an enabler and you recognize the value in balancing positive freedoms which empower people to do high leverage work with negative freedoms that introduce risk and compromise security. You are willing to be hands on to get things done, but you also know how to effectively scale yourself as a leader either through creating efficiency with tools, training and documentation, or hiring more people.
What You Will Do:
- Implementation and device management of all network, systems, and employee equipment.
- Build corporate infrastructure that is seamless and largely invisible. Employees should be impressed with how amazing everything is and lament its absence when moving on.
- Manage an internal help desk for all internal IT issues.
- Operations and Management of G Suite, Slack, and other corporate systems. Aggressively look for opportunities to enable self service by people managers where possible.
- Hiring, training, mentoring, and retaining a talented IT team.
- Understanding and driving adherence to relevant regulatory needs such as PCI Compliance as it pertains to internal networks and devices.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- 5+ years of senior level Information Technology Experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Mac OS and Windows based systems, and corporate networking technologies.
- Significant implementation and management experience with workforce automation tools.
- Vendor management experience including selection, contracting, and management of key partners.
- Experience in the delivery and management of HelpDesk functions including staffing and SLA adherence.
- Ability to prioritize business requirements in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Exceptional customer success mindset with a focus on collaboration and flexibility when working with internal and external stakeholders.
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience:
- Laptop Admin: JAMF, Apple Policies
- Network Admin: Ubiquiti (Local) & AWS (Distributed)
- Access Admin: Okta, SAML
- Service Admin: Docker, Bash
- Security: Familiarity with authentication systems and failure points.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SF’s financial district
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.