Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who gets excited about making tools, services and data products available to developers across the company—ranging from secure money transfer protocols to large scale data serving and collection systems. As a software engineer primarily operating in the backend of our stack, your job will be to design and implement the tools, libraries and APIs that developers use to provide life-changing experiences to millions of people.
We currently have a team of around 30 engineers, a stellar team composed of other smart and efficient software engineers, data scientists and infrastructure engineers.. This role reports to one of our Engineering Managers, and is based in San Francisco, CA.
If you think in terms of trade-offs, value simplicity over ease, and and are passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's live, we're excited to meet you!
Here's some ways our backend engineers make an impact:
- Working with machine learning and data science experts to productize cutting-edge predictive systems
- Solving difficult scaling problems in order to make millions of transactions in the US banking system on a daily basis
- Creating a world-class platform to build financial services for the 21st century
- Creating data services that power business analytics, data science and application features
- Building distributed systems to handle large-scale internal workloads
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
- You have ample experience building backend services on cloud infrastructure
- You get unusually excited about distributed systems and scalable design
- You have a good understanding of operating systems and computer networking
- You are proficient in a handful of different programming languages and truly experienced in at least one concurrent programming framework
- You're excited about building the tools and services that compose the backbone of our application
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid health insurance coverage
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.