Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
We are looking for a passionate, thoughtful and creative person who can thrive at our company's core problem: decision-making under uncertainty. In this role, you'll work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to research, develop and deploy algorithms and models that will have a direct, positive impact on our user's financial future. You'll have the opportunity to work in greenfield projects applying both emerging and tested personalization techniques such as search & evolutionary algorithms, contextual bandits, reinforcement learning and planning agents.
If you're interested in working in a dynamic team and applying your A.I. knowledge to make a meaningful difference in people's lives, we're excited to meet you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Develop algorithms and strategies to improve our current predictive systems
- Spearhead the design and development of models for financial automation under uncertainty
- Design user feedback and interaction mechanisms that will help drive model personalization
- Work with a team of experienced engineers to push sophisticated data products into production
- Act as an educator and advocate for artificial intelligence principles and techniques
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
- You have broad knowledge of AI algorithms and their applications, including statistical learning, probabilistic models, constraint satisfaction, evolutionary methods and reinforcement learning
- You have experience implementing state-of-the-art A.I. algorithms in academic, industry, or competitive (e.g. Kaggle) settings
- You get unusual satisfaction from solving puzzles and statistical problems
- You are interested in designing and implementing solutions that have a direct, positive impact in people's financial lives (this is not a pure research gig!)
- You keep a copy of Russell & Norvig's Artificial Intelligence: Principles & Techniques somewhere close to your desk
What we offer you:
- Access to state-of-the-art machine learning infrastructure
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid health insurance coverage
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.