Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who gets excited about making massive amounts of data available and useful to all kinds of consumers across the company—particularly data scientists and machine learning experts. Your job will be to design and implement the services and pipelines that our data platform's next generation will consist of, owning all systems involved between initial data collection and final serving of it. You'll be part of a stellar team composed of other smart and efficient software engineers, data scientists and infrastructure engineers.
If you think in terms of trade-offs, value simplicity over ease, and and are passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's live, we're excited to meet you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You'll own business-critical data collections and their related systems from the point that data is initially collected until it's served to the end users
- You'll work with machine learning and data science experts to build cutting-edge predictive systems
- You'll get to understand the problems of (and build solutions for) data consumers from all different parts of our organization
- Within your first 100 days, you will successfully tackle one of the more exciting projects in our roadmap and make a noticeable difference in the company's top and bottom line
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
- You have ample experience building backend services and data pipelines on cloud infrastructure
- You get unusually excited about distributed systems and scalable design
- You have a deep understanding of operating systems and computer networking
- You have a healthy sense of paranoia when it comes to data privacy and integrity
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, ECS/EKS, IAM Glue and the like is a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid health insurance coverage
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.