Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
We are looking for a passionate and proactive leader to be the Head of People Operations at Digit. Your charter is to create an environment for the team to do the best work of their lives. This broad role will cover recruiting, developing talent, benefits and more. We believe there are many best practices out there, but we also encourage thinking from first principles to develop and implement original ideas that make sense for Digit. If you love partnering with leaders to solve problems in creative ways, developing a supportive and welcoming culture and creating new processes, this opportunity is for you. This role reports to our Chief Operating Officer and is based in San Francisco, CA.
If you're passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's lives in partnership with a smart, driven and fun-loving team, we're excited to meet you.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Build a living employer brand that resonates with current and potential employees
- Recruit and retain the most talented people that fit the company's culture and values
- Implement employee development initiatives to assess and improve each employee's autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Maximize employee wellness through managing and improving employee benefit and training programs
- Manage a growing People Operations team spanning People, Recruiting, and Facilities
- Be a thought leader and partner to the CEO, COO, and other executives to help build and manage the Digit team to success
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
- 7+ years of experience in People Operations, Human Resources, Recruiting, or Consulting with a focus on professional development
- Strategic thinker combined with detailed execution in a fast-growing startup or department
- Great communication skills. Ability to effectively build relationships by establishing trust and credibility
- Proactive nature coupled with a strong ability to make decisions and implement projects with incomplete information
- Direct experience managing a large people-driven operating department (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, Engineering)
- Implementation of systems and services for a large employee base
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid health insurance coverage from Anthem
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.