Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven engineer who wants to leverage machine learning principles and techniques to automate personal finance. Your role will consist of designing and iterating on data products that help us understand our user's financial picture, predict their financial future, and positively influence it through smart decision-making. You will primarily work with consumer financial data, which lends itself as the key ingredient for a variety of applications leveraging NLP, sequence forecasting/classification, time-series analysis and reinforcement learning.
If you're interested in owning data products from end to end, working with other data scientists and engineers, and are passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's lives, we're excited to meet you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Design and implement your own human-in-the-loop machine learning tasks to measure user financial health and predict future financial behavior
- Train and deploy your own models into production using our in-house ML infrastructure
- Implement user feedback and interaction mechanisms that will help drive model personalization
- Develop NLP/NLU and signal processing strategies to understand our user's financial data
- Create libraries and development tools to support high quality, iterative ML models
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
- You've shipped code to production and have worked in an environment where you own ML pipelines end-to-end
- You know the theory behind a good machine learning environment and are familiar with the most common machine learning and/or deep learning techniques
- You are experienced in at least one modern scripting language and at least one machine learning framework/library (e.g TensorFlow, ScikitLearn, Caffe, Theano etc)
- You think like a probabilist
- You focus on adding value to the end user and are passionate about improving their financial health
What we offer you:
- Access to state-of-the-art machine learning infrastructure
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid health insurance coverage
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.