Digit is the smartest way for anyone to prepare financially for life's needs, wants, surprises and dreams, without changing their daily behavior. This is important because managing personal finances is hard. 65% of Americans couldn’t come up with $2,000 in event of an emergency. National credit card debt is at a record high of over $1 trillion. Our mission is to make financial health effortless for everyone.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven engineer who is capable of leading the development of Digit's machine learning platform. Your role will consist of designing and implementing platform tools and services that help drive the development, training and serving of dozens of ML models utilizing human-in-the-loop annotated datasets. Machine Learning is at the core of Digits ability to automate personal finance, helping us understand our user's financial picture, predict their financial future, and positively influence it through smart decision-making. You will primarily work with consumer financial data, which lends itself as the key ingredient for a variety of applications leveraging NLP, sequence forecasting/classification, time-series analysis and reinforcement learning.
If you're interested in a multidisciplinary role that covers infrastructure, machine learning and platform development and are passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's lives, we're excited to meet you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Deploy and scale container orchestration tools (such as kubernetes, ECS, Cortex) that manage our machine learning services
- Build services and developer tools that enable machine learning engineers and data scientists to push models into production
- Build services and developer tools that enable machine learning engineers and data scientists to manage evolving, human-annotated datasets
- Create libraries to support high quality, iterative ML models
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to research and select bleeding edge technologies for semi-supervised machine learning
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
- You've shipped code to production and have worked in an environment where you own major cloud infrastructure and/or platform services (e.g. API services)
- You are proficient in at least one container orchestration framework
- You know the theory behind a good machine learning environment and are familiar with the most common machine learning and/or deep learning techniques
- You are experienced in at least one modern scripting language and
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation is a plus
What we offer you:
- Access to state-of-the-art machine learning infrastructure
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid health insurance coverage
- 100% paid vision and dental coverage
- Fertility Benefit
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
Digit automates the day-to-day work of managing money so you never even have to think about it. We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances while helping them build a solid foundation for the future they’re trying to achieve. Our technology combines machine learning, behavioral psychology, and natural language interaction to provide a personal assistant you can trust to work toward your goals while you spend your time and effort on what’s most important in your life.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.