HIRING FOR NEW RESTAURANT OPENING! $
$17 - $19 / hour depending on experience + $2-3/hour in Tips!
Interested in a 4-day workweek schedule while still getting full-time hours?
This schedule is offered as an OPTIONAL BENEFIT for those interested & will include four swing shifts that will begin between 10 am - Noon each day and last for 9 hours and 45 minutes with a lunch break
ABOUT THE ROLE: As a Chef-In-Training, you will have the opportunity to work in a team focused kitchen environment and learn everything from interacting with guests to create a positive experience to following recipes for each kitchen station. We are searching for Chefs-In-Training who demonstrate a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality and a team spirit to ensure the restaurant operations run beautifully.
WHO WE ARE:
Our scratch-based kitchens are built around people with a true passion for real good food and for running great restaurant operations. We teach individuals who are excited to share their enthusiasm for food and transform them into skilled chefs and restaurant professionals. You will advance and gain the ability to understand different positions in the restaurant, work with food, develop leadership skills, and stay sharp in our fast-pace culinary environment.
If you are seeking a community where education, purpose, and taste matter, we encourage you to join our fa(r)m.
- Opportunities for GROWTH in a TEAM environment
- Competitive Pay: $17-19/hour depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and other Holidays Off
- Flexible Scheduling: Part Time and Full Time Hours
- Optional 4 Day Work Week Schedule with Full Time Hours
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
- Commuter Benefits
- Follow DIG recipes for prepping, mixing, and cooking vegetables, proteins, & grains.
- Gain exposure to different kitchen stations: Garde Manger, Grill, Roast, Market line, Concierge and Delivery/Packout.
- Speak to current menu offerings, seasonality, and ingredients with guests.
- Work to support the team during peak and off peak service, by pitching in wherever and whenever necessary.
- Multi-task and move in the kitchen for extended periods of time. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Help to maintain the “A” lettergrade by following Department of Health and DIG food safety standards.
- A desire to learn culinary practices and skills.
- A desire to create exceptional employee & guest experiences.
- The ability to demonstrate and execute a strong work ethic.
- A team-work focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An eye for detail and solving challenges.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (such as frequently lifting up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds) These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Additional Role Note:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. DIG reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
DIG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status or any other characteristic as protected under applicable federal, state and local law (“Protected Status)