Restaurant Shift Lead
$17 - $19 / hour depending on experience + $2-3/hours in Tips!
Interested in a 4-day workweek schedule while still getting full-time hours?
This schedule is offered as an OPTIONAL BENEFIT for those interested & will include four swing shifts that will begin between 10 am - Noon each day and last for 9 hours and 45 minutes with a lunch break
ABOUT THE ROLE: As a Sous Chef, you will support our Restaurant Leaders to drive culinary and hospitality excellence in our scratch-based kitchen. With a genuine love for cooking delicious food, you will work to master every DIG station by consistently executing recipes, processes, and procedures and training actively to elevate the knowledge of the whole restaurant. You will take initiative as a leader & role model in the kitchen by participating in pre- shifts, shift management, and training & will be held accountable to ensuring tasks across the restaurant are completed on time and to standardard. The Sous Chef role is an hourly position and a great opportunity to learn the business and grow with DIG!
WHO WE ARE:
Our scratch-based kitchens are built around people with a true passion for real good food and for running great restaurant operations. We teach individuals who are excited to share their enthusiasm for food and transform them into skilled chefs and restaurant professionals. You will advance and gain the ability to understand different positions in the restaurant, work with food, develop leadership skills, and stay sharp in our fast-pace culinary environment.
If you are seeking a community where education, purpose, and taste matter, we encourage you to join our fa(r)m.
- Opportunities for GROWTH in a TEAM environment
- Leadership Development
- Competitive Pay: $17-21/hour depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and other Holidays Off
- Flexible Scheduling: Part Time and Full Time Hours
- Optional 4 Day Work Week Schedule with Full Time Hours
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
- Commuter Benefits
- Demonstrate correct culinary standards, warm hospitality, and a great attitude.
- Train fellow teammates on each station, seasonal recipes, kitchen standards and procedures.
- Work alongside your Chef De Cuisine to manage prep lists, waste logs and food inventory.
- Delegate work appropriately to the team and follow scheduled deployment and breaks.
- Successfully open and close the restaurant using the checklists and thorough communication.
- Lead Preshifts and contribute to the Chef’s table agenda.
- Ensure that food presentation and order accuracy is met for all walk-in, pick-up and delivery orders.
- Create solutions regarding guest concerns, digital ordering, and equipment maintenance.
- Help to maintain the “A” lettergrade by following Department of Health and DIG food safety standards.
- 1+ year of leadership experience in a restaurant/hospitality environment.
- Food Safety Certification
- A desire to create exceptional employee & guest experiences.
- An eye for detail and solving challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever necessary.
- A desire for growth in our restaurants.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds). These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Additional Role Note:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. DIG reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
DIG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status or any other characteristic as protected under applicable federal, state and local law (“Protected Status”).