$17 - $19 / hour depending on experience & MORE BENEFITS!
Interested in a 4-day workweek schedule while still getting full-time hours?
This schedule is offered as an OPTIONAL BENEFIT for those interested & will include four swing shifts that will begin between 10 am - Noon each day and last for 9 hours and 45 minutes with a lunch break
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The next generation of chefs are evolving in DIG restaurants.
Our scratch based kitchens are built around people with a true passion for real good food. We teach individuals who are excited to share their enthusiasm for food and transform them into skilled chefs. You will advance and gain the ability to work with food, develop leadership skills, and stay sharp in our fast-pace culinary environment. If you are seeking a community where education, purpose, and taste matter, we encourage you to join our fa(r)m.
- Prep, mix, and cook vegetables, proteins, grains etc using recipes as a guide and taste buds for validation.
- Gain exposure to different stations within the DIG kitchen including but not limited to garde manger, grill, roast, market line, guest concierge and delivery/packout.
- Speak to current menu offerings, seasonality, and ingredients with guests - making their day as you provide them with a delicious scratch-made meal (aka: marketbowl).
- Work to support the team during peak and off peak service, by pitching in wherever and whenever necessary.
- Multi-task and move in the kitchen for extended periods of time. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Help to maintain the “A” lettergrade by following Department of Health and DIG food safety standards.
- Demonstrate professional maturity and strictly uphold DIG’s anti-discrimination & anti-harassment policies.
- Go home feeling fulfilled knowing you are a part of a bigger mission to rebuild the food system.
- A passion for real, good food and a desire to learn culinary practices and skills.
- The ability to demonstrate and execute a strong work ethic.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds). These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The ability to perform other physical requirements such as seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- A team-oriented focus. You have a deep appreciation for the people you work with and help to support the restaurant’s success.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A desire to create exceptional employee & guest experiences.
- An eye for detail and solving challenges.
- A desire for growth in our brigade.
Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive pay) we also offer:
- Opportunities for GROWTH in a TEAM environment
- Competitive Pay: $17-19/hour depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and other Holidays Off
- Flexible Scheduling: Part Time and Full Time Hours
- Optional 4 Day Work Week Schedule with Full Time Hours
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
- Commuter Benefits
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply
Additional Role Note:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. DIG reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
DIG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status or any other characteristic as protected under applicable federal, state and local law (“Protected Status”).