DIG Kitchen Supply Center
$17+/hour depending on experience + FULL-TIME HOURS + CLOSED on Saturdays!
About the Role:
At DIG, an important part of our food journey starts with our team at our Supply Center, located in Hunts Point in the Bronx. As a Supply Center employee, you will work in a close knit team environment receiving, prepping, producing, processing and packing out vegetables to be sent out to our restaurant teams.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive Pay: We genuinely care about our people. We choose to pay above the minimum wage and are willing to pay higher depending on experience.
- Consistent Scheduling - your success outside of work is equally important to us!
- Paid Time Off + Closed on Thanksgiving & Christmas + other holidays!
- Complimentary DIG Lunch Everyday: We take care of you, so you can take care of others.
- Opportunities for GROWTH: We pride ourselves in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates each person’s uniqueness. We appreciate each individual and are always focused on nurturing their growth.
- Participate in the daily production schedule and be deployed to the prep room needed.
- Support in packing out finished kit inventory to send product out to the restaurants.
- Support in executing the packing list to complete orders- Retrieve, Print, and Distribute daily orders, labels and lists.
- Cut, prep, and mix vegetables, using cut guides and recipes.
- Go above and beyond the call of duty, pitching in wherever and whenever necessary to help the team.
- Learn how to follow DIG and health department standards.
- Roll up your sleeves to perform the physical requirements of the job. (Stand for extended time, pushing, pulling, working in cold temperatures and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- A desire to develop strong culinary skills
- The ability to demonstrate and execute a strong work ethic.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds). These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary.
- An appreciation for the people you work with.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire for growth.
- A passion for real, good food
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply
Additional Role Note:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. DIG reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
DIG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status or any other characteristic as protected under applicable federal, state and local law (“Protected Status”).