About the role:
Serving as the liaison between the Supply Center and our restaurants, you will manage 80-100 team members to ensure ingredients are of the utmost quality for operations. You are responsible for day to day operations and scaling our supply center operations for an aggressive growth strategy. You will be based out of Hunts Point (Bronx) and report to the Director of Supply & Sustainability, with travel to restaurants and the corporate office on an at-need basis. You will have 4 direct reports based in Hunts Point: a Food Safety Manager, a Project and Systems Manager, a Culinary Production Manager, and an Office and HR Administrator.
About the Supply Center:
The Supply Center is the heart of our Direct to Grower model — it serves as our hub to receive direct and fresh local product, prep certain items for the restaurants, and further the Dig mission to rebuilding the food system. It supports our restaurants with quality ingredients and standards so our chefs are set up for success.
- Holistically understand the Supply Center performance at the highest level, while still being able to support the nitty-gritty details to bring system change to current processes.
- Understand complete financial performance and work with the team to stay on budget.
- Increase business solvency and efficiency.
- Upgrade tech systems through enrollment of all production associates.
- Manage labor and employee payroll daily, according to volume, callout and production adjustments.
- Hold frequent check-ins with direct reports: Culinary Production Manager, Food Safety & Facilities Manager, Office & HR Administrator, and Project & Systems Manager.
- Work with the Director of Supply & Sustainability to plan and execute major facilities renovations and equipment upgrades.
- Understand how labor relates to full production staff; ensuring their personal, professional, and work needs are met on a consistent basis.
- Record all mispicks, distribution issues, and shorts and build corrective actions for pack out team when fulfillment issues occur.
- Set receiving standards and manage a best in class receiving team.
- Oversee all GMP rules and create a food safety culture to ensure safety standards are followed.
- Collaborate with Culinary Production Manager to ensure that all products are made to spec and flavor profile is correct.
- Proficiency and fluency in Spanish, verbal. Written is a plus
- 3-5+ years of large-volume fresh food production coordination or managerial experience
- Skills in organizing & managing complex operations
- Passion for management & upkeep of key systems, especially tech-driven solutions & spreadsheets
- Ability to think creatively to identify solutions without impacting operations, not intimidated by complexity
- Data-drive mentality in analyzing financial performance of facility and determining metrics of success
- Strong culinary aptitude
- A passion for real, good food
Work perks: Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Phone reimbursement
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- Equity potential
- Complimentary lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.