TECH OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
About this role:
At DIG, we’re building our technology with the same passion we apply in our kitchens. Information Technology (IT) is relied on daily by DIG’s loyal customer base and nearly every internal Department -- from making sure Sweet Potatoes are available to our online customers to ensuring data security. Given this responsibility, DIG’s IT team hustles to ensure our guests and employees experience technology seamlessly so that the focus remains on the food and our mission.
In the spirit of providing the very best for our end-users, we’re searching for an enthusiastic Tech Operations Associate to join our growing team. If you are looking for an opportunity to rapidly learn and contribute as a member of a small IT team with big aspirations, this is the role for you!
- Support with system administration, ensuring that all critical systems are functional and reliable.
- Serve as the first point of contact for DIG employees in our restaurants and HQ providing technical support in person and remotely.
- Manage and maintain user accounts/access permissions (create, delete, update) across various digital platforms.
- Maintain equipment inventory, user ownership, and repair tracking (equipment includes Macs, PCs, Printers, A/V equipment, tablets).
- Work within our ticketing system to document resolutions and update users; propose process changes to improve the ticketing experience for end-users.
- Ensure a smooth employee journey from onboarding to offboarding, building process to scale with our rapidly growing workforce; tasks may include conducting machine imaging, account configurations, and training.
- Record detailed documentation for systems and processes, for both end-users and other IT staff.
- Exercise problem-solving to troubleshoot errors, bugs, and edge cases on critical systems ( e.g., POS system, online ordering platform, workforce management tool).
- Own a crucial part of the digital guest experience by overseeing the seasonal menu rollouts including gathering menu details and executing the publishing on all digital platforms.
- Supervise external MSPs and vendors on diagnostics and repair of equipment and services.
- Negotiate technical contracts and services with the support of your manager.
- Be on the front lines and collaborate on the technology needs for all new restaurant openings and new business concepts (e.g. new delivery concepts, open restaurants in new geographical markets).
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience providing mid-size (~250 employees) companies with onsite and remote support.
- Working knowledge and experience with Mac OS, Windows, hardware and JAMF remote support.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise IT tools such as G Suite, Slack, and BetterCloud.
- The ability to learn quickly and tackle challenges head-on.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Well-organized and able to effectively manage your time.
- Compassionate, empathetic, and can provide a personal touch to tech support.
- Positive and determined with the ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Interested in growing professionally in an environment that values constant learning and hands-on experience.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership plan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.