About the role:
You are responsible for bringing DIG's personality to life through visual storytelling around all things culinary, people, and beyond. Our mission is to bring people together through food – be it working with farmers to identify the best growing methods, concocting new dishes each season, or highlighting our cooks who are developing their culinary voice in our restaurants. We need you to help tell our story and give our guests a seat at the table.
About the team:
As the storytellers of all we do, the Marketing team showcases the great aspects of our brand and mission to the community across all consumer touch points. You will integrate with the team through digital outlets, partnerships, events, and press. The Marketing team is the voice of our organization and is continuously evolving with our fa(r)m.
- Own DIG’s visual identity across all guest-facing collateral, including email, social media, our website and mobile app, online / offline advertisements, in-store / POS signage, and others
- Work with partners within the marketing team to develop and execute a seasonal campaign strategy, factoring in operational execution and relevant deadlines as related to the business. Manage execution, production, and fulfillment of online and restaurant collateral related to seasonal launches
- Manage execution, production, and fulfillment of print and digital assets for existing restaurants and new restaurant openings
- Work on creative and production for various photo and video shoots
- Collaborate with all departments (creatives and non-creatives alike) and restaurants on internal and external graphic design needs
- Update templates and designs of existing restaurant collateral
- Liaise with vendors, managing quotes and production schedules
- Assist with seasonal photoshoots including art direction, studio management, and photography
- Must submit a PDF portfolio or link to website with application
- 2-3 years of experience in design
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, Keynote and Google applications; Invision and Sketch, a plus
- Strong organizational / project management skills and a keen eye for details
- The ability to communicate empathetically and effectively with different personalities and working types
- Experience designing across a breadth of media for a single brand, working with an existing style guide (We would like to see examples of this in your portfolio)
- The ability to think with the “left” brain as well as the “right” – e.g., able to factor in data and business needs into your recommendations for collateral
- Understanding of how different design elements / layouts drive consumer action
- Experience in photography a plus but not required
- An innate openness to feedback and willingness to be flexible as we evolve our strategy in a time of growth
- A passion for food and the hospitality industry and Dig Inn’s mission to bring people together through food
- The ingredients to be flexible in a fast-paced culture, collaborating with your team while independently managing your day-to-day responsibilities
Work perk: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.