ABOUT THE ROLE:
At DIG, we believe that building a great team and culture starts with a people-first approach. We work hard to foster an open learning environment in which employees feel engaged and empowered to do great work, knowing they have tons of support from their leaders and the People Team. As a people centric organization, we believe that building transformative partnerships with our restaurant leaders and employees is the key to achieving a learning culture. As the Field HR Associate, you will be central and critical in supporting all People team-related processes, programs, & initiatives within employee relations, compliance, benefits and recruitment. This role will partner directly with our restaurant leaders, ensuring our employees are taken care of throughout their entire journey with us. As Field HR Associate, you will serve as the guiding light between the People team and the field and keep us all organized and up to compliance. This role will occasionally work from the field, communicate cross functionally to other People Team members and departments and report to the HR Manager. This role will require Spanish written and verbal communication skills.
- Act as the face of the People team in the field by providing professional and strategic support.
- Manage full-cycle employee relations cases from start to finish. This includes leading investigations, documentation, mediation, coaching restaurant leaders and field employees, and conflict resolution. You serve as a trusted partner and are their go-to person for all people related matters.
- Prepare, coordinate, and facilitate new employee orientations in partnership with the Training Team.
- Execute all related administrative work for team members going on leave (e.g submitting claims for Workers Compensation, Reasonable Accommodations, SDI and FMLA)
- Manage the paperwork process for the employee lifecycle including: full-time, part-time etc.
- Process confidential employee information including applications, new hire paperwork, immigration related procedures, pay changes, ADA requests, data changes, and terminations.
- Lead day-to-day implementation of COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- Project manage HR initiatives including performance evaluations, annual compensation planning, budgets, training and development, new leader onboarding etc.
- Support offboarding activities and perform related administrative tasks which may include: scheduling exit interviews, updating HRIS and payroll systems, and providing information centric to HR post termination to departing team members.
- Ensure proper I-9 record retention and E-verify compliance.
- Run HR reports and analytics.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Develop a strong, collaborative, and responsive relationship with employees at every level of the organization.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a retail or restaurant environment supporting a central HR.
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing full-cycle Employee Relations cases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Spanish).
- Serious focus on emotional intelligence, hospitality, and conflict resolution. A strong desire to help people!
- Strong organizational skills with intense focus on detail and accuracy.
- Proven experience implementing, and executing HR processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm for thinking differently, tackling complex problems, and identifying new ways of doing things. You can quickly recognize, diagnose and solve problems for teams.
- Proactive ability to think independently and solve collaboratively.
- A natural ability to drive solutions. You create processes surrounding strategic goals and direction with people top of mind.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills to manage deliverable prioritization and conflicting timelines in a fast paced environment. You are able to manage your own time and the time of others.
- Experience in staffing, organizational change, development & training, employee/labor relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a high degree of professionalism.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy.
- A passion for real, good food.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply