ABOUT THE ROLE:
DIG is looking for an Operations Analyst to join our growing Strategic Operations team in supporting our restaurants on reporting, accessing information, and making data driven decisions for business improvements. This role will be exposed to many moving parts of our restaurant group and will be a critical, strategic thought partner, working across the organization to drive value. You will leverage data, build models, create easy to read dashboards, communicate insights, and execute best practices to streamline and optimize processes for DIG’s continued growth. The Operations Analyst will serve as a true resource for our restaurant leaders by providing key weekly reports and creating guides on how to turn insights into actionable results in the restaurant. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-paced company and impact not only business operations but also the greater food system.
- Support the field in providing weekly reporting and analysis for all operational functions including KPI updates, weekly business reviews, labor and sales targets, food costs targets etc.
- Support in developing, monitoring and driving a deeper understanding of our KPIs across the company and help create resource materials that continue to educate our restaurant leaders.
- Calculate weekly sales forecasts for each of our restaurants and prepare weekly financial results against budget.
- Work cross-functionally to continuously improve our weekly sales forecasts.
- Maintain daily performance updates for our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker.
- Maintain and update operational reports for field facing and internal use.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and make recommendations on an array of complex business problems, using analytics and business judgment to provide options to present to Operations for decision making.
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them.
- Work closely with internal teams to continuously improve processes using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Partner with functions including finance, tech, operations, supply chain, real estate, and marketing to support our growth as we expand into new markets and business lines.
- Draft financial projections and initial recommendations for real estate analysis, and restaurant reopening analysis.
- Create what-if-analyses to assess the impact of business opportunities on our long-term goals, providing insightful decision bases for senior management.
- Maintain and quantify risks and opportunities in business performance and conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- 1-2 years experience in an analytical role.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- A willingness to work on routine, weekly reporting. You don’t get bored with repetition.
- The ability to transform raw data into insights for the business.
- A strong expertise in Excel and Powerpoint (familiarity with visualization software - e.g. Looker or Tableau - a bonus)
- A love for numbers - you can sift through qualitative and quantitative data and build analyses.
- A desire to take on responsibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. A “roll-up” your sleeves mentality.
- Time management experience juggling multiple tasks with different priority levels.
- Experience being a team player. You have a flexible schedule and are willing to support no matter the task.
- Clear communication skills in person and online with experience in translating data into strategic recommendations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy.
- An interest in the restaurant industry and curiosity about the world, food and people.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply