ABOUT THE ROLE:
At DIG, we’re rebuilding the food system. You can help us do it.
DIG is seeking a data-driven, human-centric digital marketing professional to lead performance-based marketing efforts across our digital ecosystem and influence the growth of DIG’s digital marketing capability. The Head of Digital Marketing serves as the expert on all online consumer touch points. Working cross-functionally among our internal teams and agency partners, you’ll develop strategies and tactics to increase traffic to our website and app, increase followership and engagement across our digital footprint, and drive brand-healthy revenue across our channels. You will lead a DIgital Marketing team to build and execute a holistic omni-channel strategy that optimizes our acquisition, retention, and loyalty marketing functions and drives customer LTV. The Head of Digital Marketing reports into the Senior Director of Brand Marketing.
If you thrive in entrepreneurial environments, feel energized by complex challenges, and are hungry to make an impact, DIG is the place for you.
- Build and execute a digital marketing strategy and budget to achieve performance-based goals while maximizing brand building activities for all sales channels (pickup, catering, and delivery).
- Adapt strategy to changing business priorities and/or market conditions as necessary, and execute on those changes quickly.
- Drive and monitor end-to-end campaign development, partnering with Brand, Creative, Growth, Tech, and 3rd parties to ensure that strategy delivers against KPI’s and supports business objectives.
- Develop strategy to actively optimize our digital marketing channels (paid and unpaid), including social, search, CRM, email, web, referral/loyalty.
- Design tactics to grow the number of online orders on diginn.com and the DIG app. Provide input to tech on product enhancements that help achieve these goals (analytics, UX, marketing tools, etc.).
- Work with our creative team to build engagement with our various owned audiences (email, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, push notifications) to share our comprehensive brand story.
- Regularly update KPIs and dashboards demonstrating our performance; analyze results and provide learnings and recommendations on how to improve the performance of new campaigns and concepts.
- Serve as the expert on our third party digital platforms, tools, and partnerships; stay on the pulse of which tactics and tools are new and emerging to improve our online presence.
- Identify and recommend tools to refine and extend our capabilities — including social listening, audience data, push notifications, & web/app analytics.
- Oversee agency and vendor relationships.
- Effectively coach and mentor the Digital Marketing team to build the next generation of DIG leaders.
- 10+ years of digital experience in a marketing, analyst, or consulting capacity. Experience in B2C brands preferred.
- Direct, hands-on experience strategizing, developing, planning, launching, and analyzing digital campaigns.
- Ability to develop performance marketing dashboards and communicate the implications clearly and concisely.
- Expert hands-on experience with Google Analytics, CRM Software, Google Apps, and Excel.
- A proven track record solving problems in innovative ways.
- Commitment to continuously analyzing, iterating and improving performance.
- The capability to build a new function. You’re self-motivated and can operate easily with little direction.
- A strong ability to work at a strategic level, but you’re equally as happy getting your hands dirty.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- A natural ability to lead/ influence your team and cross functionally within DIG.
- Curiosity about the world, food and people.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.