About the role:
DIG is looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our growing Data team. You will work to build batch and real-time data pipelines that support DIG’s analytics, business intelligence, data science and reporting needs.
DIG’s Data team prides itself on agility and collaboration, with each member building a deep understanding of their allocated function or domain (i.e. Finance, Labor, Supply, Marketing, Product) and working on the end-to-end data lifecycle - from stakeholder requirements to ETL and data modeling. In this role you will take charge of ETL development and advisory for the Data team, while also contributing to modeling as needed. If you are looking for an opportunity to build your data engineering expertise and drive impact by empowering colleagues to make data-powered decisions, this is the role for you!
- Serve as the team’s ETL expert, leading the majority of pipeline work, and provide support and training for other Data Engineers.
- Design, build, and maintain custom ETL pipelines.
- Design best practices for big data processing, modeling, and warehouse development.
- Build automated data validation tools to check for data accuracy and quality.
- Assess the value and quality of new data sources.
- Take ownership over the full data life cycle of your allocated domains by:
- Understanding the data requirements of your key stakeholders through regular meetings and goal setting sessions.
- Developing the vision and roadmap to provide visibility for stakeholders and the Data team.
- Conducting the required ETL and data modeling and maintenance, as needed.
- Participate in building DIG’s data capacity as a key stakeholder in all team projects. Problems we’re excited to tackle in 2020 include:
- Consolidating customer data across all DIG channels to enhance the customer experience.
- Analyzing how customers interact with our digital products to inform product development and enhance user experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data engineering, data analysis, or business intelligence.
- Experience building, maintaining, and scaling ETL pipelines.
- Experience designing scalable, efficient data architecture and models.
- High-level of proficiency in Python preferred (comparable programming languages will be considered).
- Knowledge of relational databases (we use BigQuery).
- Proficiency in SQL. Experience in LookML is a plus.
- Proficiency in Linux operating system command lines (i.e. bash).
- Knowledge of GIT, Github, Jira, and Scrum.
- Proficiency in analytical packages (i.e. Pandas, SciPy, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working in agile methodology and applying Agile to data engineering is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for high quality and accurate work.
Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook lan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog-friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering simple, healthy, affordable meals. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply