About the role:
DIG’s Operations Product Manager is responsible for maintaining, improving, building and deploying our home grown restaurant technology. This is technology that lives in our restaurants to support efficient operations and improve the employee experience so that we can unlock the full potential of our people. You will work cross-functionally, and substantially in our restaurants, to manage and innovate on the tech stack.
To succeed in this role, you must be a strong individual contributor with a systematic, operational mind. You prioritize judiciously, and know how to delegate and leverage resources to deliver high-impact results. You do not wait for others to “set you up for success”. Instead, you find ways to get there on your own, and lift those around you as you grow.
- Work with a team of internal, and possibly external engineers, on development of DIG’s operational products.
- Conduct on-the-ground research in our restaurants, observing how systems and processes work today. This research will inform the technology, and supporting processes, you build to meet business goals.
- Develop a product roadmap, actively motivating and communicating against moving timelines, with a logical and defensible prioritization framework.
- Select hardware for required products by conducting research and gathering input from engineers and the IT team.
- Leverage data to set metrics, assess performance and inform product decisions.
- Do whatever it takes to push your product towards success by effectively deploying resources, solving problems, motivating and communicating against moving timelines, and managing vendors and partners.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies in the field; serving as the in-house expert and advisor on our operational tools, partnerships, and capabilities.
- 2-4 years of product management experience at a scaling company, preferably with exposure to operational products.
- Experience in or exposure to operational improvement frameworks, preferably at a scaling company with field operations.
- Direct, hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and iterating products with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and complex restaurant environment and the desire to build meaningful relationships across teams and levels.
- A shared passion for DIG’s mission of changing the food system.
Work perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.