Dig is seeking a Senior Manager of Public Relations to build out our external communications function. Through your network of media relationships and an eye for strategic storytelling, you’ll build awareness and understanding of Dig’s brand and business in the world.
At Dig, we’re rebuilding the food system. You can help us do it.
- Serve as a communications expert with strong media relationships in consumer, business and food media.
- Lead communications, campaign planning, messaging, strategy and execution to build Dig’s brand awareness through the media.
- Be a strong partner to our cross-functional teams, working collaboratively to find meaningful stories to tell from across the organization.
- Support PR agency briefing, management and evaluation, as needed.
- Develop media-driving programs that allow people to experience Dig’s brand and purposeful work.
- Prepare leaders and subject matter experts for interviews and speaking engagements for maximum results, including media training as needed.
- Research, write and distribute communication campaigns to targeted media.
- Manage crisis/issues management as needed.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the field.
- Excellent network of media relationships and agency partners.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively to connect the business to the world at large.
- The capability to build a new function. You’re self-motivated and can operate easily with little direction.
- You’re able to work at a strategic level, but you’re equally as happy getting your hands dirty.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Curiosity about the world, food and people.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership plan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.