About the role:
DIG is looking for a dynamic FP&A Senior Associate to join our growing Financial Planning & Business Analytics team, reporting into the Chief of Staff to the CFO. This role will be exposed to many moving parts of our restaurant group and will be a critical, strategic thought partner, working across the organization to drive value. You will leverage data, build models, communicate insights, and execute best practices to streamline and optimize processes during a high-growth period. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high-growth, fast-paced company and impact not only business operations but also the greater food system.
- Strong academic track record (bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, STEM, or Finance preferred)
- 2-4 years of work experience in a highly analytical and strategic role (preferably investment banking or private equity)
- Ability to transform raw data into insights for the business
- An expert in Excel and Powerpoint
- A love for numbers - you can sift through qualitative and quantitative data and build analyses
- Clear communication skills in person and online with experience in translating data into strategic recommendations
- A natural curiosity that leads to quick understanding of new subjects
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy
- An interest in the restaurant industry
- Create what-if-analyses to assess the impact of new business opportunities on our long-term goals, providing insightful decision bases for senior management
- Maintain and quantify risks and opportunities in business performance and conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Improve financial rigor around decision-making, including business cases for investments and new markets and business lines
- Prepare weekly financial results against budget and assist in preparing quarterly presentations for our Board of Directors
- Partner with functions including finance, tech, operations, supply chain, real estate, and marketing to support our growth as we expand into new markets and business lines
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.