The Technology Operations Manager will serve as an IT leader and problem solver at Dig Inn. IT is a key enabler of Dig Inn’s growth plan and we’re looking for someone who is hungry to help us scale our restaurant footprint across multiple geographies.This individual will manage technical operations in our restaurants and at HQ, serving as the first line of support for our operators and a forward looking, process oriented builder. This position is on the Technology Team and reports to the Chief of Staff / Senior Director of Technology.
- Create process to scale Dig Inn’s technical operations across multiple cities.
- Manage IT support tickets, collaborating closely with internal team, external partners and internal stakeholders to problem solve, ensure prompt support and identify trends for future prevention.
- Manage external vendors and opportunity to manage internal resources and build team.
- Work on the ground in our restaurants, as needed, installing, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing low-voltage cabling, peripheral devices, point of sale systems and networked wireless printers.
- Launch IT operations in new markets by establishing technical team, sourcing local vendors and serving as on-the-ground support.
- Optimize and maintain restaurant technology systems; present recommendations to leadership and advise other teams on technical needs and requests.
- Educate team members at restaurants and HQ on hardware and software and create training programs.
- Oversee IT equipment purchasing for restaurant and HQ, managing to budget and triggering equipment spec reviews at the appropriate time.
- Oversee technical execution of core business processes such as seasonal menu updates, product launches, test initiatives, new restaurant openings, etc.
- Process oriented: you like bringing process to everything you do.
- Quick thinker: you are a natural problem solver and like to think on your feet.
- Hands On: you thrive when you’re on the ground, getting your hands dirty.
- Strong communicator: you are a natural at keeping people informed.
- Detail oriented: you enjoy getting into the details and nothing falls through the cracks when it’s in your hands.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a field IT role
- Experience in restaurant / retail environment or strong experience with desire to learn
- Understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows, Android, OS X, iOS
- Microsoft Apps, Google Apps
- Zendesk or other ticket management system
- Hands on experience with:
- Networking equipment (e.g., routers, switches), computer hardware, peripherals
- DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP
- Device provisioning and management
- Bonus: Restaurant Point of Sale systems
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook lan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.