About the role:
The Director of Hospitality will set the foundation and drive the vision of what hospitality means for Dig Inn starting with our first full service restaurant, Corner Dig. You will design an exceptional front of house model that blends the line between culinary and service which will provide an unforgettable experience for guests at Corner Dig and beyond.
We’re looking for someone that cherishes places that are familiar yet new. And, understands how appearing effortless requires exquisite attention to detail. You know your regulars by name, but can also recognize the critic in the room. You’re the type of person that thinks about life in moments and experiences. This role reports into the Chief Culinary Officer.
BUILD & DEVELOP:
- DIG Hospitality standards to be implemented across all restaurants and markets starting with Corner DIG.
- A best-in-class beverage program for Corner DIG.
- New touch-points and personalized moments for our guest’s journey that can be scalable across every DIG location and build our brand.
- A hospitality service audit to ensure follow-through.
- With the Culinary team to ensure our restaurant teams are knowledgeable on special promotions and menu offerings.
- With the Marketing and Creative team to ensure a consistent, high quality food and hospitality experience for all partnership and activation events.
TRAIN & SUPPORT:
- Our leaders and teams to embody a guest first mindset.
- Front of house operations to ensure a clean and comfortable atmosphere for our guests.
- The food and beverage service when in the restaurants.
- 5-7 years restaurant management experience in a high volume, fine dining, and critically acclaimed setting with a growth history in FOH roles.
- An infectious energy. You love to make every experience special.
- A people focused mentality. Guest service and employee experience are your two favorite things and use every moment as a coaching and training opportunity.
- A clearly demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, and able to think outside the box.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to focus attention on guest needs and details, remaining calm and courteous at all times. You stress the little things.
- A pulse and opinion on what’s relevant in the industry from best restaurant trends to future state of hospitality.
- Experience developing a best-in-class beverage program, highly preferred.
- A team player attitude with proven coaching abilities.
- A passion for real good food.
Work perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.