About the role: You will be joining the founding team of Dig Inn’s newest concept, Room Service, an innovative approach to elevating food delivery through new culinary concepts, high quality logistics, strategic packaging, and beautiful design. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside some of our organization’s most talented chefs creating new menus while working in a fun, fast-paced environment. We’re seeking talented cooks that are passionate about learning new skills and building a new business with a similarly passionate team. You’ll follow recipes, taste and collaborate on perfecting the execution of our dishes, while running an impeccable, well-organized and clean station during each service. You will also have opportunity to create dishes and innovate with the team as we constantly seek to elevate our cuisine. We’re excited to welcome new team members to grow with us and into leadership positions as we scale the concept to multiple locations over the next year.
Compensation: Full-time position; $18-20/hour, based on experience. Availability primarily afternoon and evening shifts, very limited weekend work.
- Manage your prep list and communicate with the R&D Chef on food inventory, ensuring your walk-in is fully-stocked and organized
- Properly execute our rotating menu
- Own restaurant cleanliness by setting up the opening shift for success and closing with confidence that the kitchen is prepared for the next day
- Follow Dig Inn and health department standards
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Work with a fast-paced environment, communicating with your peers to ensure culinary excellence at all points of the shift
- Demonstrate professional maturity
- Have the opportunity to influence our menu as we continue to elevate our service
- 2+ years of line cook experience in a fast-paced, full-service, and upper-scale dining restaurant
- Great team dynamic and ability to maintain positive attitude during high intensity experiences
- Strong work ethic with dedication to the highest standards of quality
- Effective team communication skills
- A can-do attitude and the willingness to pitch in to help the team whenever necessary
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- Food Safety Certification, preferred
- A passion for real, good food
Work Perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive pay) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms.
The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.