About the role:
At Dig Inn, the continued success of our operations starts with properly maintaining our physical assets, aka our restaurants. The Asset Management Junior Associate role at Dig Inn will work to ensure all new and existing restaurant property management and equipment issues are completed and resolved in a timely and efficient manner. You will be the main point of contact to support any and all facilities and operational problems. You will have 360 degree visibility into the Dig Inn Development portfolio, existing and future in order to help validate the properties’ physical and financial well-being, and help to monitor compliance with regulatory requirements for all properties. You will manage and maintain vendor relationships and be a true resource for coordination and collaboration amongst our operations and external partners. The Asset Management Junior Associate role will report into the Facilities Manager.
- Communicate facilities and vendor issues, approvals and updates to the ReDev team, restaurant leaders and landlords as needed.
- Lead field asset visits and coordinate individual operational needs.
- Audit asset repairs and maintenance.
- Develop an asset preventive maintenance program that will be utilized company wide.
- Validate and process asset and development finances.
- Develop and implement processes (workflows, spec books) for the asset & ReDev department.
- Create and implement equipment and asset management training for our restaurant leaders.
- Support DIG’s new restaurant opening process with procurement, scheduling and coordinating post authorization to proceed.
- Support new restaurant opening redzone milestones and NRO turn-over.
- Support all assets by providing flexible work hours as needed.
- An eagerness to learn about restaurant mechanicals, general facility, and equipment maintenance.
- A knack for relationship building in order to maintain positive vendor and landlord relations.
- Strong communication skills to best support Dig Inn's restaurant leaders in running their operations.
- A process driven mindset with strong computer and analytical skills.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- A can do attitude. You drive results forward regarding completion of tasks and follow-up.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire for growth.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.