About the role:
The Supply Chain Associate manages key areas of Dig Inn’s Sourcing and Purchasing program and works to improve Dig Inn’s Supply Chain, from both a financial and mission-driven perspective. Day-to-day, the Supply Chain Associate supports the restaurants with supply needs and executes projects related to improving the non food supply chain. The Supply Chain Associate manages all non-fresh purchasing, including bottled beverages, paper & plastic, kitchen supplies, chemicals, and linens, and builds strong relationships with these vendors. Leveraging strong project management and communication skills, the Supply Chain Associate works to support the full Supply Team in it’s goals to source with integrity, drive financial results, and build effective systems for the field as Dig Inn continues to grow. This role reports to the Director of Supply & Sustainability.
- Manage the non-food purchasing program, including Paper & Plastic, Kitchen Supplies & Smallwares, Chemicals & Cleaning, and Linens.
- Work with multiple vendors for sourcing, handle day-to-day logistics, and maintain Negotiatus, the consolidated non-food purchasing platform. Monitor the budget for these programs and work with vendors to reduce costs.
- Support for the field by providing them with the information and resources need to manage their non-food purchasing, beverage program, and linen programs.
- Understand all programs overseen by the Supply Team, assist teammates with other projects, and fill in for teammates when necessary.
- Track and update price updates.
- Report on financials and performance.
- Assist in all levels of data management – from purchasing tools to data entry into our tech platforms.
- Collaborate with other departments to build a packaging program that pushes the brand forward.
- 1-3 years working in supply chain operations (ideally in packaging).
- Experience working with teams in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Strong analytical skills: you are just as comfortable building an excel model as you are pulling asparagus out of the ground.
- Relationship development and deal negotiation experience.
- A strong work ethic, ability to work autonomously and self-sufficiently.
- Passion for sustainable food systems and a strong desire to make an impact.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Company phone (or phone reimbursement)
- Equinox gym membership plan based on eligibility
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
- Trips to the Dig Farm
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.