About the role:
We are searching for our first internal engineering hire to lay the foundation for the engineering team at Dig Inn. This individual must have strong coding chops and the drive to stretch beyond the code into strategy, design, testing and more. This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a small tech team with big aspirations.
- Develop exciting mobile and web products that are changing the way customers interact with Dig.
- Have the opportunity to work on innovative, complex products that transform our restaurants.
- Serve as a thought partner and engineering advocate on all development projects.
- Advise on the full software development cycle - we’re excited to learn from you.
- Work with product managers, marketers and department leaders to efficiently develop products to meet the end users needs.
- Drive immense business impact through technology.
- 3 years+ of relevant experience writing exceptional code.
- Desire to conceptualize products and think big picture. Prior work on operational products a plus.
- Strong communication skills - as a small team with many outside partners, we need team members who can effectively articulate their points and work well with others.
- Demonstrated experience across all stages of the software development cycle, specifically:
- Working with multiple programming languages with expertise in one or more, e.g., JAVA, PHP, C #, Python, Ruby, PHP.
- Working with multiple development frameworks with expertise in one or more, e.g., JAVA Spring, MyBatis, Hibernate, Python Django, PHP thinkphp, yin, nodeJs.
- Front end mobile development with preference for React Native.
- Relational and non-relational databases (we use BigQuery).
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX a plus.
Work perk: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.