About the role:
The Art Director is responsible for ensuring that Dig Inn’s visual expression is compellingly and cohesively communicated across brand touch points as varied as packaging design, out-of-home campaigns, branded internal swag, and in-restaurant experiences. Sitting within the Marketing and Creative team, the Art Director will help bring Dig Inn’s visual story to life.
- Manage and refine the visual brand standards and processes, ensuring consistency across all touch points:
- Digital Advertising
- Social media
- Mobile App
- Physical Advertising
- Merchandise and Packaging
- Restaurant signage & communication
- Collaborate with key leadership, colleagues, and our branding agency to bring visual elements of the brand positioning to life
- Design engaging brand assets across all channels and mediums
- Manage and direct photoshoots, video production, and production of physical collateral
- Work with marketing colleagues to test concepts and optimize creative to achieve both brand and performance goals
- Provide guidance to our Social Media Coordinator on how to develop and curate content for our Instagram grid
- Manage our Graphic Designer and freelance resources
- Grow a portfolio of creative partners (e.g., photographers, illustrators, artists) to collaborate with on various executions
- 3+ years relevant experience as an art director, photographer, or designer. Agency experience a plus. In addition
- 2 years of management experience overseeing creative resources
- Demonstrated ability to bring a visual concept across multiple media to tell one cohesive brand story, with examples of how it manifests itself both digitally and physically
- Impeccable visual eye, with the ability to both direct and create unconventional, innovative, and beautiful designs. You’ll need to be comfortable with directing, and getting your hands dirty!
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite. Experience using video (Premiere Pro, After Effects) and design (Sketch) programs a plus
- A test-and-learn mindset with a desire to leverage insights to improve your work
- Consumer-facing brand experience - food or hospitality experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the latest trends in food and Dig Inn’s mission
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute - everyone wears multiple hats at Dig Inn!
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership plan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.