About the role:
Looking to build the foundation for a career in People & Culture? This role offers the opportunity to support many aspects of our People team to make the Dig Inn experience as rewarding as possible – for everyone at the Supply Center in the Bronx, every day. You will help onboard new hires and welcome them to the fa(r)m, as well as assist with compliance and HR/benefits-related processes. You will be the Supply Center office guru, making sure that everything runs smoothly. This includes manning the space, planning events, and keeping the office clean, organized, and full of good vibes. This role will require Spanish written and verbal communication skills.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure office operations, procedures and best practices are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Handle restaurant inquiries and complaints. Manage the follow-through, corrective actions and tracking systems
- Manage data entry for receiving, inventory, waste, item transfers and restaurant-related order changes
- Print orders and labels for production
- Handle all form and document distribution for production/warehouse
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Provide general support to visitors
- Be the point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, invoices, bills and errands
HR Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Be the onsite HR person, maintaining office policies and answering employee requests and questions
- Assist with all aspects of the employee life cycle, from interviewing, onboarding, performance management
- Facilitate new hire orientation and create training schedules
- Complete Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files
- Create and maintain employee files
- 1 year minimum experience in Human Resources or related field
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- A passion for real, good food
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive pay, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Company farm trips
- Complimentary supply center team lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.