Are you ready for a high-growth opportunity that will impact the future of food?
Your experience leading kitchens and training cooks to master the fine chop has lead you to develop a niche for restaurant operations and business. As the team caters to our guests, you are consistently in the process of developing them to master the chop or get the first taste of analyzing a P&L. You are a food-driven leader who seeks the next challenge, as you know hard work is key to govern a strong, and high-volume operation.
- Be responsible for the entire culinary and restaurant operation, as well as financial responsibilities such as food cost management, labor efficiency, and building top-line sales
- Develop all team members and keep retention rates high and promotions frequent
- Handle daily P&L responsibility- accountability for all food and labor costs
- Oversee the quality of fresh ingredients received from our farm partners
- Be the face of hospitality and be a central force by interacting with guests to deliver exceptional service
- Oversee inventory, supply & scheduling
- Achieve and maintain Department of Health Standards, holding your team accountable and role-modeling cleanliness from your tactics organizing the kitchen and all stations
- Handle all employee relations communication (including disciplinary action)
- Hire and interview candidates while properly managing recruiting needs
- Review & collaborate on people development plans with our Director of Training
- Communicate verbally and digitally on a daily basis across various systemic and organizational platforms such as GoogleDrive, Hot Schedules, Slack, Wrike, Revel, Paycom, etc.
- 3 - 5 years minimum kitchen management experience
- A passion for real, good food and the leadership skills to operate a high volume restaurant
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary
- The demonstrated skills to motivate and develop a high performing team
- The discipline and desire to create systems and organization within fast changing environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn technological platforms and work systematically with them
- Familiarity with restaurant costing and inventory software
- An eye for detail
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The desire for professional improvement and the process of learning
- The drive to network and build strong ties in your restaurant’s community
- The ability to take many variables to find the best solution to a problem
- An organized approach to achieving team goals
- Proven tactics to successful operations in an evolving environment
- Your Department of Health and/or ServSafe certification
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Read about our expansion here and the opportunity to be an Executive Chef with our team.