About the role:
Dig Inn is seeking a Manager, Learning and Organizational Development to join our People + Culture team.
You will play a key role in creating and delivering learning experiences across a variety of roles and stages in employee’s career journeys. In this role, you will lead all activities related to the execution of learning programs, from needs analysis through design, development and delivery of programs both in-person and digital.
A big part of the role is acting as an internal consultant to collaborate with stakeholders across all business levels. You'll be a key driver in a variety of projects across people operations, manager training, leadership development, functional training, change management, performance management and organizational development.
To excel in this role, you'll need to have solid fundamentals in learning & development, organizational development, coaching, as well as a base knowledge of human resources.
About the team:
At Dig Inn, we believe that building great teams and culture starts with a people-first approach. We cast a wide net - teach as much as we learn, learn as much as we teach. We seed our ideas and tend to the people around us. The Learning & Development team embodies the Dig value “Nurture the Next Crop” and is dedicated to growing chefs, culinary professionals, and future leaders.
- Serve as a talent development advisor for learning & development, organizational development, culture development, and employee engagement
- Design training programs for both restaurant and corporate employees
- Maintain current knowledge of all restaurant systems, food service and safety systems, and labor deployment systems to ensure the technical skills of all operators are kept current; develops and executes plans to close skill gaps when present
- Work with our restaurant and corporate leaders to identify key areas of development for their team members to ensure we are building an effective bench of talent
- Responsible for executing new restaurant opening training procedures, working with local operations team to ensure all team members are thoroughly and effectively trained to deliver role and service expectations
- Leverage strong internal consulting skills to partner with stakeholders in developing and designing functional specific training
- Select vendor partners for learning programs not developed in-house
- Launch a new Learning Management System in partnership with the CPO
- Analyze employee feedback data and establish success metrics of programs and initiatives
- Assist in leading teams through change and embrace continuous learning
- A people advocate + culture curator: you’re passionate about solving people problems and dedicated to delivering a positive employee experience
- An excellent communicator, able to present information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand ideas; appropriately adapt message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences
- Design-focused with a keen eye for detail and knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles
- Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization
- Analytical and data-driven, you enjoy using logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems, as well as brainstorming creative methods for problem-solving
- Adaptable, flexible, and motivated to drive results in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant
20-30% to support new restaurant openings on the East coast and beyond
- Bachelor degree, and 5+ years of experience in Training including design & development, delivering of training, onboarding, safety training, or professional development programs
- Experience in the restaurant, hospitality and/or retail industry is strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products; MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash
- Developed learning scorecards across different business verticals
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Macbook + company phone (or phone reimbursement)
- Equinox gym membership plan based on eligibility
- Flexible vacation time
- Flexible office (work from anywhere)
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ
- The ‘Dig Farm’—think adult farm trips
- Complimentary Dig Inn all day, everyday
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.