We’re in search of a kitchen leader with culinary chops, a strong ability to inspire and teach others, a passion for real food, and management skills to run a group of restaurants in Philadelphia. You’re in charge of executing six seasonal menu changes each year. You’ll have resources from the DIG Support Team to run best in class kitchens. You’ll train both seasoned and novice cooks, helping to nurture the next generation of chefs and keep the love of cooking in the kitchen.
You will manage our first few Philadelphia restaurants, report to the Chief Culinary Officer, and work closely with the Senior Manager of People Operations.
- Encourage a learning environment by ensuring our chefs are always training and teaching cooks.
- Create a passionate culture in which people love to cook and feed others - and experience that joy every single day.
- Develop menus and seasonal specials with our chefs and culinary team.
- Ensure our restaurants exceed all DOH food and safety standards.
- Continually improve our kitchen operations to maximize efficiency and meet food and labor costs.
- Be a voice of calm and confidence in high pressure situations and demonstrate leadership through adept problem solving.
- Train restaurant staff how to cook, serve, store and order fresh food.
- A joy for cooking.
- Strong technical kitchen skills including.
- 5+ years of experience in restaurants, including working with high volume and multi-restaurant.
- Solid communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong work ethic and an obsession for getting the job done well.
- Good business sense (numbers will be involved).
- Ability to problem solve in situations involving many moving parts.
- Two words: organization and cleanliness.
- A ServeSafe certificate.
- Creativity, an open mind.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.