Diggs is looking for a talented art director to help us grow our brand and capabilities. Our goal is to become the most trusted and loved premium pet supplies brand in the world. You will help support this goal through conceptualizing and designing integrated marketing campaigns and thoughtfully considering the design of every customer touch point.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a strategic designer with big ideas and the ability to execute those ideas at a high level, demonstrating a sense of craft, conceptual thinking, strong design fundamentals and storytelling.
You should be self-motivated, organized and thoughtful, with an understanding of the relationship between pets and their parents. You should be a willing collaborator, able to take constructive feedback. You should also be able to develop your own ideas independently and explain them to non-design audiences.
You should be outcome-oriented with a strong bias to action. You have a strong desire to continuously improve all creative and brand assets and an ability to ship quickly and often. You have a tremendous work ethic, empathy, insatiable curiosity, strong level of thoughtfulness and most of all – you’re brave and not afraid to take creative risks.
Why You Should Apply
You love animals (especially dogs), and want to work for a mission-based company. You want to become an award-winning creative leader (or are one) and have the space to do work you’re not only proud of, but work that makes a difference. Your goal is to eventually be a creative director and manage a team of creatives to create compelling brand stories that drive world-class results. Maybe your dream is to move to New York and live in the cultural epicenter of creativity and commerce. To be inspired every day and be led by a marketing leader that deeply values and understands what great creative looks like.
- Partner with our Head of Marketing to lead the internal creative process
- Must have experience with video storytelling and campaign conceptualization
- Must help drive messaging and brand language at a high level. You understand that copy is as important as the visual and you feel comfortable driving both.
- Must have experience driving world-class results across packaging, video, advertising, email, social UX/UI, OOH and print. Retail and/or experiential design is a plus.
- Manage a small team of designers and writers serving as a mentor and catalyst for their growth
- Ability to source, direct and manage freelance creative resources to compliment internal resources. Bonus if you have a strong network of talented creatives.
- Show great attention to detail, even-and especially-on tight timelines.
- Deep love dogs and pets - need to understand pets and pet parents
- 2-4 years working professionally as an art director (agency experience preferred)
- Must feel comfortable driving creative direction for video and photo shoots, from concept to execution
- Proven experience developing effective direct and brand marketing
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize on the fly and operate autonomously
- Comfortable working in ambiguity (early concepting where available info may be limited)
- Exceptional skill in the formal aspects of design, including typography, composition, form, hierarchy, proportion and color
- Versed in the social media ecosystem, with a keen understanding of how to participate meaningfully + authentically
- Enthusiasm for Diggs’ mission and the emotional connection between pets and humans
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Preferred, but not required:
- Owning a dog or pet
- Past experience working at or with a remote company
- Copywriting skills
Location: New York City.
Please include your your cover letter, resume and portfolio of relevant work.
Submissions without all three will not be considered.