We are looking to hire a Human Resources Manager with an entrepreneurial mindset that will add value to our business and help support us in our next phase of growth. You will support the leadership team as you own all recruiting, onboarding, benefits, engagement, and retention efforts.
Why You Should Apply
You love animals (especially dogs), and are excited to work for a company that is mission-based – we truly are passionate about making pet products that are safer and better designed. We are a startup, so we are growing quickly and this means there are opportunities for you not only to grow but also to contribute in many different ways. If you enjoy learning new things, collaborating and contributing across departments, you will be a great addition to our team.
- Manage all hiring, including writing job descriptions and managing ATS.
- Manage onboarding of all employees.
- Manage HRIS, payroll (bi-weekly), and benefits (open enrollment and inquiries).
- Manage all employee relations issues
- Execute annual reviews, PIPs, warnings, raises and promotions, restructures, and engagement across all departments and locations.
- Manage the HR Budget to facilitate positive P&L goals.
- Ensure and execute HR compliance activities, leave of absence, severance and disability cases in coordination with PEO.
- Oversee all employee events, perks, and cultural initiatives.
- Ensure the efficient operation of all office equipment and schedule necessary maintenance as needed.
- Liaise with building management regarding badges, guest passes, building systems, vendor forms, and COIs.
- Collaborate with Senior Management on all exigent business needs and opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding leases, insurance coverages and other appropriate documentation.
- Oversee IT issues and resources, partnering with third party.
- BA in any discipline.
- 3-5 years in an HR leadership function in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written skills; great attention to detail.
- Must be a critical thinker and strategic planner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with multiple departments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines.
Location: This position is based out of our NYC office.