Diggs is looking for an experienced quality engineer to lead development of testing plans for new products during various stages of development and assessment. Our goal is to become the most trusted and loved premium pet supplies brand in the world. You will support this goal by working with the Diggs Product Development team and prototyping lab to develop validation and testing procedures for new products, as well as oversee testing of prototypes.
You love animals (especially dogs), and are excited to work for a company that is mission-based – we truly are passionate about making pet products that are safer and better designed. We are a startup, so we are growing quickly and this means there are opportunities for you to not only grow but also to contribute in many different ways. If you enjoy learning new things, collaborating and contributing across departments, you will be a great addition to our team.
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop product validation procedures during the various stages of new product development, in order to ensure performance goals are continually met
- Collaborate with factories and 3rd party vendors to produce jigs & other testing apparati to ensure testing applications are done appropriately and to the best of vendor ability
- Oversee and manage prototyping of new products to ensure specifications are met, and validation of the current designs with Diggs’ prototyping lab
- Support Engineering in refinement of manufacturing CAD and specifications
- Support Quality in development of risk assessments, and production quality procedures
- Degree in mechanical, material, or manufacturing engineering, or related engineering field
- 3+ years in testing/validation required, preferably in consumer goods
- Experience with CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
Location: This position is based in New York. We anticipate this position being in the office on a scheduled basis based on product timelines, an average of 3 days per week.