Diggs is looking for an experienced quality engineer to lead development of quality plans and procedures for new and existing products. Our goal is to become the most trusted and loved premium pet supplies brand in the world. You will support this goal by working with the Diggs Product Development team and our manufacturers / quality inspectors to ensure products are of the highest quality, conform to specifications and perform to Diggs’ high standards.
You love animals (especially dogs), and are excited to work for a company that is mission-based – we truly are passionate about making pet products that are safer and better designed. We are a startup, so we are growing quickly and this means there are opportunities for you to not only grow but also to contribute in many different ways. If you enjoy learning new things, collaborating and contributing across departments, you will be a great addition to our team.
- Collaborate with Product Design during new product development to identify quality risk factors, perform preliminary risk assessments / FMEA, and make recommendations to reduce risk
- Collaborate with contracted manufacturing partners and Logistics to ensure appropriate QC plans are in place for production and assembly, and oversee completion / validation
- Assess all existing quality procedures and testing methodology for finished goods, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Perform root cause analyses for product quality issues, and collaborate with Product Design and Logistics to implement corrective measures
- Oversee third party inspectors / contractors domestically and abroad to ensure inspection procedures are being conducted as specified
- Routinely assess thoroughness of finished good quality plans, and make suggestions to update as required / as product needs change
- Lead quality efforts for refurbished products, including improving existing inspection plans and overseeing inspections to ensure quality
- Degree in mechanical, material, or manufacturing engineering, or related engineering field
- 3+ years in quality/manufacturing required, preferably in consumer goods
- Demonstrated quality management experience working with contract manufacturers and/or suppliers
- Strong understanding of quality systems, statistical process control, structured problem solving and continuous improvement concepts/practices
- Exceptional analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision-making abilities
- Experience with reading and understanding of engineering drawings and requirements
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks independently
- Demonstrated expertise in effective communication across all levels of an organization with varying levels of of technical knowledge
- Experience with child or baby products, as well as Solidworks, is a huge bonus!
Location: This position is based in New York. This role will require international travel approximately 10% under normal global circumstances.