We are looking for excellent software engineers to join our Mountain View office to develop simulation algorithms, systems and processes for DiDi autonomous vehicle project. The simulation team's work is critical to the success of the entire project: It speeds up development-verification cycles by enabling onboard module engineers to rapidly evaluate their changes and iterate. It ensures quality of software deployed on real-world autonomous vehicles to minimize safety risk. Also, comparing with real-road testing, simulation could expand testing coverage by orders of magnitude with only a fraction of the cost. Although we have been making great progress, there are still many technical challenges ahead of us in this area. All-levels engineers are all welcome to join, and your contributions could be key to bring autonomous vehicles to DiDi's transportation network!
- Develop simulator software that establishes an execution environment for onboard algorithms, using real-world log data or a virtually created environment. Ensure simulation is performant and deterministic.
- Research and develop algorithms in multiple domains including sensor simulation, agent behavior, and vehicle dynamics, in order to make a simulation of the ego car and agents as realistic as possible.
- Develop efficient scenario creation tools, including convenient ways to specify agents' behavior and evaluation metrics, parameterized scenario generation, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Solid programming and proficient in C++
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Attentive to detail and strive for engineering excellence.
- Experience with simulation for autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine.
- Experience with graphics and rendering.
- Deep knowledge in complex software architecture, Linux OS, software performance analysis and optimization.
About the Company:
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in China and the United States.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.