We are currently looking for experienced planning engineers to join our Mountain View office to develop algorithms and pipelines for DiDi’s autonomous driving projects. This position involves researching, development & engineering of the state-of-the-art behavioral reasoning, decision making & motion planning algorithms on self-driving vehicles. These algorithms will be applied on our autonomous vehicles, and further deployed in DiDi’s ride sharing network.
- Research and prototype state-of-the-art behavioral reasoning, decision making & motion planning algorithms for autonomous passenger vehicles.
- Turn prototypes into real-time performance-guaranteed on-board software via rigorous engineering efforts.
- Research and survey the current trends in robotics.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, ME, EECS, IEOR or related disciplines.
- Solid programming skills and high working proficiency in C++, Python and/or Java.
- Fluent with data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
- Clear communication skills and a strong desire to be a part of a highly collaborative and rapidly growing team.
- 2+ years of related work/research/internship experience.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in area of Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field with a focus in robotics, optimization, computational geometry, gaming, etc.
- Work experience in the autonomous driving industry is a plus.
About the Company:
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in China and the United States.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.