Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in the United States and China.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.
We are looking for strong systems engineers to join our Mountain View office to develop both data and test driven insights on evaluating our autonomous systems performance. We use these results to drive our autonomous software development with high standards on our robotaxi customers’ safety and comfort.
What you will do:
- Research and develop Verification and Validation (V&V) programs to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of autonomy capabilities development and deployment
- Own the end-to-end performance of one or more autonomy capabilities. Investigate and prioritize the issues found from both road and simulation data. Collaborate with autonomy teams and provide clear feedback and actionable tests to engineers
- Develop systematic test and validation strategies to discover autonomy capabilities progressions and prevent regressions
- Work closely with infrastructure and simulation teams to design, implement, and manage high quality simulation tests and metrics
- Support the ongoing release and triage processes with Test Operations and Technical Program Manager teams to improve the road test effectiveness to validate development progress
What you will need:
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mechanical Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Strong experience in systems and testing engineering with V&V focus.
- Solid software development and testing fundamentals
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills to work across teams
- Prior experience as systems engineer or systems test engineer in ADAS or autonomous driving related technologies
- Data mining and analysis skills with Python, SQL using large datasets.
- Safety critical system development mindset with rigor product quality assurance standards
- Familiarity with different simulation tools