We are currently looking for an experienced vehicle technician contractor to join our Didi autonomous driving team. In this role you will be responsible for the regular maintenance and repair of the self-driving hardware stack for our autonomous fleet. This role will work closely with our software and hardware engineers to deploy hardware adjustments and troubleshoot issues.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair self-driving hardware components, including sensors, wiring harness, and various modules.
- Create documentation for hardware layout, installation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Build custom wiring harness and mounting hardware.
- Organize hardware inventory and vehicle shop while maintaining a clean workspace.
- Perform regular OEM Maintenance on both Foreign and Domestic vehicles with safety as a top priority
- Outsource and coordinate work with external vendors
- Communicate clearly with AV Drivers and Operators while operating AV vehicles.
- Create trouble tickets for issues as they arise.
- Perform various additional duties assigned as needed.
- 5+ years of automotive related experience or 2+ years working on autonomous vehicles
- Proficiency in assembly and disassembly of vehicle system including body, exterior, interior etc.
- Knowledge of automotive CAN communication, low voltage and high voltage electrical system
- Highly skilled in wiring, soldering and making mechanical changes.
- Ability to create clear documentation (wiring layout, electrical diagram, procedure instructions etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, growing and dynamic environment.
- Problem-solver and detail orientation.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Automotives, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in running scripts and working with Linux based systems.
- Experience in Electrical Vehicle industry
- Machine shop skills
- HVAC experience