Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in China and the United States.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.
Autonomous Driving Research Engineer – Prediction
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers to join our Mountain View office to develop algorithms and pipelines for DiDi autonomous driving projects. The goal is to apply the state-of-the-art AI algorithms on cars to make driving smarter and safer. The position involves research and development on state-of-the-art behavior prediction algorithms for traffic participants such as vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians. These algorithms will be applied on real vehicles to be deployed in DiDi’s network.
- Develop and deploy behavior prediction algorithms including intention and trajectory prediction.
- Develop machine learning infrastructure for scalable learning-based prediction algorithms.
- Research on cutting-edge machine learning approaches (decision tree, deep learning, reinforcement learning) to open-ended real-world behavior prediction problems.
- Contribute to DiDi’s intellectual property through patents.
- Master or PhD degrees in Computer Science, Robotics or related disciplines.
- Solid programming and proficient in C++ and/or Python.
- 3 years of industrial working experience or equivalence.
- Clear in communication and easy to collaborate in a growing team.
- Engineering or research experiences on applying machine learning to solve behavior prediction problems.
- Experience with state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms (CNN, RNN/LSTM, reinforcement learning).